Is Alexa snooping OR being triggered by ‘sounds like triggers‘ events?
“Alexa Stop Snooping!“
Recent news articles like below make you wonder what is actually heard and recorded by your smart home devices right!?
Don’t worry you can review and delete anything that Alexa may have picked up errantly as commands or false triggers.
You can check what Alexa has heard and recorded here as well as delete all recordings.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Fire up Alexa on your phone or tablet and tap the hamburger button — the three lines to the top left.
- Tap?Settings?followed by?History.
- You’ll see a list of recordings, some of which will have been transcribed. You can listen to each by clicking them in turn.
- The non-transcribed ones — those which are labelled “text not available” are likely to be of more interest as they will probably be snippets of conversation that have been captured.
- Any recordings you want to get rid of can be deleted by hitting the?Delete voice recordings?button.
- If you would prefer to delete all of the recordings, the quickest way is to head to Amazon’s?Manage Your Content and Devices?page and use the?Manage voice recordings?option to do so.